Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pet peeve #4

People who believe they have ESP when it comes to product releases...
This is probably going to be a short one, but I just over-heard a conversation the other day and it stirred up very negative thoughts toward this person.  I was sitting in a restaurant when I heard someone say 'Why don't you just wait until May when the new iPhone 5 is coming out?'...ummm what?  Did I miss something?  Was there a secret unveiling that I wasn't aware of?  I don't understand how someone could believe, much less reveal, with any kind of decisiveness, the release date of a product that hasn't been unveiled (or even officially referenced to...Apple hasn't even said [officially] they're making an iPhone 5, let alone a release date).  The other thing is, if you're going to lie, why not make it believable?  Apple's earliest release date for the iPhone is June 24, why would you say May?  It's not just Apple, it's really any product that someone states a definitive release date for, when the company hasn't said anything to back their claim.  Oh, and movies too, like people saying Matt Damon is signed up for another Bourne movie...no he's not!  Well anyway, that was my quick rant for this evening, I'll see you all next time!

Thank you for tuning in to the fourth instalment of 'What everyone is thinking, but will not say...'  This has been Master Sinclair coming to you from his bedroom in Edinburgh ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment